I Don't Know How She Does It
Don't Know How She Does It is a 2011 American comedy film based on Allison Pearson's novel of the same name. The film stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Pierce Brosnan, and Greg Kinnear about Kate Reddy, a financial executive and the breadwinner of her family.
By day, Kate Reddy (Sarah Jessica Parker) works for a Boston-based financial management firm; by night, she's a devoted mother to two adoring children and the happily married wife of out-of-work architect Richard (Greg Kinnear). Though balancing those two worlds has its fair share of challenges, Kate generally manages to come out on top thanks to the support of her best friend, Allison (Christina Hendricks), who's had plenty of experience balancing kids and a career. Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, Kate's associate assistant, Momo (Olivia Munn), possesses a fear of children and a strong work ethic. Just when Kate lands a lucrative new account that will see her traveling across the country on a regular basis, however, her new business associate Jack (Pierce Brosnan) reveals his flirtatious side and Richard receives a job offer he can't turn down. Though it looks as if Kate and Richard couldn't possibly take on any more responsibility, the demands of modern living ensure they'll never have a dull moment, even if they try.
- Sarah Jessica Parkeras Kate Reddy
- Pierce Brosnanas Jack Abelhammer
- Greg Kinnearas Richard Reddy
- Busy Philippsas Wendy Best
- Olivia Munnas Momo Hahn
- Christina Hendricks as Allison Henderson
- Emma Rayne Lyleas Emily Reddy
- Kelsey Grammeras Clark Cooper
- Jessica Szohras Paula
- Seth Meyersas Chris Bunce
- Jane Curtinas Marla Reddy
- Sarah Shahias Janine LoPietro
- Theodore and Julius Goldberg as Ben Reddy
I Don't Know How She Does It was released for North American audiences on 16th September 2011.
I Don't Know How She Does It has received very negative reviews from film critics. It currently holds a 18% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a score of 4.1/10, with Rotten Tomatoes describing the film as a "limp", "predictable" and "hopelessly outdated" comedy.
- ^ "I Don't Know How She Does It (12A)". British Board of Film Classification. 2011-09-08.
- ^ Kaufman, Amy (September 15, 2011). "Movie Projector: 3-D version of 'Lion King' to reign at box office". Los Angeles Times. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/09/box-office-lion-king-straw-dogs-drive-.html. Retrieved September 17, 2011.
- ^ I Don't Know How She Does It at Box Office Mojo
- ^ I Don't Know How She Does It at AllRovi
- ^ Brendan Bettinger (December 18, 2010). "Christina Hendricks, Olivia Munn, and Seth Meyers Join Sarah Jessica Parker, Pierce Brosnan, and Kelsey Grammer for I DON’T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT". Collider.com. http://collider.com/i-dont-know-how-she-does-it-sarah-jessica-parker/65719/.